What Is Soil Testing?
Soil testing is analysing soil’s physical and chemical properties to determine its fertility, composition and suitability for supporting plant growth. Soil analysis typically includes measurements of pH, nutrient levels, organic matter content, and other parameters relevant to plants’ growth.
Why Perform Soil Testing On Your Land?
Determining the nutrient content of a sample through soil analysis allows farmers, agricultural advisers, foresters and gardeners to optimise fertiliser requirements for crop growth. This ensures the cost-effective use of fertilisers, lime and trace elements and sound environmental management. Determining soil nutrient status also guarantees that you are compliant with EU directives.
Who is Soil Testing Recommended For?
Soil testing is recommended for a wide range of individuals and organizations, including:
- Farmers: Farmers use soil analysis to determine their land’s fertility and make decisions about fertilization and other management practices to optimize crop growth and yields.
- Agriculture Consultants: Agriculture Consultants rely on soil analysis to provide recommendations and guidance to farmers.
- Foresters: Foresters can benefit significantly from soil analysis as it helps them determine their soil’s nutrient content and take steps to correct any deficiencies. This is essential for maintaining the health and productivity of their forests and can also help them to qualify for forestry grants and applications.
- Landscapers: Landscapers use soil analysis to evaluate a site’s suitability for landscaping and determine the appropriate type and amount of fertilizer for different plants.
- Gardeners: Gardeners use soil testing to determine their soil’s pH and nutrient levels to make informed decisions about fertilization, liming, and other management practices.
- Environmental consultants: Environmental consultants use soil analysis to evaluate the suitability of a site for development and to make recommendations for land management practices that minimize environmental impacts.
- Researchers: Researchers in fields such as agronomy, soil science, and environmental studies use soil analysis to study the effects of different management practices on soil health and productivity.
Overall, soil testing is essential for anyone who wants to ensure that the soil is healthy and can support the growth of plants and make informed decisions about land use and management.
What’s The Process For Soil Testing?
We Can Do It For You In 3 Easy Steps – Simple. Clear. Accurate:
- Simple – order the suite you need, and we will post your soil testing kit to you
- Clear – follow the instructions, collect the sample and post it back to us the same day for next-day delivery
- Accurate – easy-to-understand results will be sent to you by email within 10 working days
What’s Included In This Soil Testing Kit?
Click on the dropdown menu at the top of the page to determine your suitable testing suite.