Quality Accreditation Schedule
Southern Scientific Services endeavor to be the very best by following the most rigorous Quality Management systems while at all times adhering to the highest professional and ethical standards which guarantee accurate, reliable results for our customers.
Through years of expertise, knowledge and insight built up within our business and laboratory areas we take pride in delivering results that our customers can act on.
All in-house methods are to ISO 17025 standard and we are continuously achieving ISO status on individual tests.
The laboratory is accredited to ISO 17025, along with approval from the following organisations:
- An INAB accredited testing laboratory Registration Number 194T
- We are on the register of Quality approved laboratories submitting data to EPA
- Department of Agricultural Approval for GLAS analysis
- Department of Agricultural for Water Analysis/Milk and Milk Analysis under the dairy hygiene programme
- Department of Agricultural Approval for Microbiological Analysis
- Included in the list of DARF Approved Laboratories
- Included in the list of Food Safety Authority Approved Laboratories
Quality Control Programme
To guarantee confidence in our results we participate in a wide range of proficiency testing/intercalibration programmes covering all of our accredited tests and matrices:
- EPA Intercalibration Programme for both Chemical & Microbiological Analysis
- R.C. Aquackeck Scheme for Chemical Analysis
- Laboratory Intercalibration Programme run by the Public Health Laboratory London for Microbiological analysis.
- Department of Agriculture Salmonella Ring Trial
- Food EQA Shellfish Scheme
- LGC Contest Scheme for contaminated land
- Sigma-Aldrich Pharmaceutical and Environmental Proficiency Schemes