Southern Scientific - Always Searching for New Talent
Southern Scientific Services Ltd is an innovative and entrepreneurial company. It is one of Ireland’s leading independent providers of integrated environmental, analytical, monitoring and consulting services. It is distinguished from other environmental companies in having the support of in-house laboratory facilities with research capabilities. Recognising that knowledge is its most valuable asset, it has a team of environmental experts with combined experience gained across all environmental disciplines.
Apply for your chosen position below.
Microbiology Technician - Dunrine, Killarney, Co. Kerry, Ireland.
Southern Scientific Services Ltd is currently seeking a Microbiology Technician to join its growing Microbiological Department. The microbiology team provides rigorous analysis so that its customers can bring their products to market, meeting requirements and protecting public health. The scientific team offer an interpretation of results and consultation so that its customers can act appropriately for the benefit of their company. The laboratory is accredited to ISO 17025 (Reg no. 194T). The department also provides HACCP training.
Start Date: Immediately
- Carrying out Microbiology Laboratory activities including performing a range microbiological tests on food (raw and cooked), water and effluents for detection of food/waterborne pathogens including Listeria spp. Salmonella, E.coli and Staphylococcus spp.
- The chosen candidate will be responsible for performing routine daily laboratory tasks ensuring that stated turnaround times are met without compromising the quality of results generated.
- The chosen candidate, alongside the Technical Manager and Quality Manager, will be responsible for maintaining the laboratory’s quality system in accordance with the in-house standard operating procedures (SOP’s) and ISO 17025.
- The Candidate should hold a degree in Microbiology or a related discipline - Masters Level preferred.
- The Candidate should have 1-3 years of relevant experience working in a Microbiology/food testing Laboratory or in a similar environment.
- Previous experience of working in an INAB accredited laboratory is preferable.
Ecologist - Location - Unit B5, 4Park Business Centre, Farranfore, Co. Kerry, Ireland.
Southern Scientific Services Ltd is currently recruiting an Ecologist. This is a great opportunity to join one of Ireland's leading independent providers of integrated environmental, analytical, monitoring, and consulting services.
Start Date: Immediately
- Preparing project proposals and quotations.
- Liaising with clients, managing their projects and promoting our services.
- Undertaking ecological fieldwork, a significant component of which will involve ornithological surveys.
- Providing expertise and assistance/advice to the consultancy team on ecological matters.
- Writing technical reports including Appropriate Assessment and Ecological Impact Assessments.
- Where applicable, liaising with clients, landowners and statutory consultees throughout the course of projects.
- Undertaking Ecological Clerk of Works (ECoW) role on construction projects.
- Co-ordinating project teams where required.
- Undertaking other environmental consultancy tasks that may be assigned.
- Hold a B.Sc. in a relevant area, with a specialism in ornithology being a distinct advantage.
- Qualifications at M.Sc. or Ph. D level will be a distinct advantage.
- Minimum of 1 year (preferably 2-3 years) similar experience, ideally in an environmental consultancy setting.
- Have demonstrable experience in a similar role, fulfilling comparable duties and responsibilities as those mentioned above.
- Experience in habitat surveying, Ecological Impact Assessment, and Appropriate Assessment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team but also to work on your own.
- Flexibility and willingness to learn new skills and work in other fields of environmental consultancy as may be required from time to time.
- Full drivers licence and own transport.
Apply for your prefered position below. Please submit your CV as a .pdf file.