To get a quote please complete the form through the button below. A member of our expert team will be in contact with you. Alternatively you can choose to chat to us directly by calling 066 9763588. Our expert customer care team are always happy to help.
Why Choose Southern Scientific?
As a leading testing laboratory, we have over 25 years of experience in the analytical field and a track record of working with some of the biggest pharmaceutical companies in the world. When it comes to method transfer, we offer a range of services to help ensure that your analytical methods are transferred smoothly and accurately.
Some of the reasons why you should choose us for your method transfer needs include the following:
- Expertise and experience: With over 25 years of analytical experience, our team of experts has the knowledge and skills to ensure that your methods are transferred successfully.
- State-of-the-art labs: Our state-of-the-art labs are equipped with the latest technology and equipment, which allows us to perform high-quality testing and ensure accurate results.
- Direct experience with big pharma: We have a proven track record of working with some of the biggest pharmaceutical companies in the world, so you can trust that we have the experience and expertise to handle your method transfer needs.
If you’re looking for a testing laboratory that can provide reliable, accurate method transfer services, look no further than Southern Scientific Services.
Our 3-Step Precision Process for Comparative Testing
- Analysis of an identical sample is carried out by both labs using the same equipment and methodology.
- The analysis is performed against a pre-approved protocol and is complete with pre-determined acceptance criteria.
- A cross-comparison of the results is made to verify the methodology satisfactorily.
What is comparative testing, and who is it for?
When used by a pharmaceutical company for method transfer, comparative testing compares one set of laboratory conditions to another. Method transfer is transferring an analytical method from one laboratory to another. This process is typically used when a pharmaceutical company needs to use an analytical method in a different location than where it was initially developed and validated.
Why is Comparative Testing Necessary?
Comparative testing is recommended to companies in the pharmaceutical sector where outsourcing analytical method validation is an increasing trend. The test verifies that an analytical method can be transferred between laboratories, a requirement of drug development.
There are several reasons why a pharmaceutical company may need to transfer an analytical method:
- Expansion to new locations: As a company expands, it may need to set up new facilities or laboratories in different locations. The methods may need to be transferred to the new locations to ensure that the same analytical methods are being used in all locations.
- Equipment changes: If a company upgrades its equipment or changes the type of equipment it is using, it may need to transfer its analytical methods to the new equipment.
- Personnel changes: If there is a change in personnel responsible for conducting the analytical testing, the method may need to be transferred to the new personnel to ensure that they are trained and proficient in its use.
During the method transfer process, it is important to ensure that the method is properly validated in the new location to perform as expected. This may involve comparative testing between the transferred method and a reference method to ensure that the results are comparable.
Overall, method transfer is an important process for pharmaceutical companies to ensure that their analytical methods are used consistently and accurately across all locations and equipment.
What are the benefits of outsourcing comparative testing to a laboratory?
There are several benefits of outsourcing comparative testing to a laboratory:
- Expertise and resources: Laboratories that specialize in comparative testing often have a wealth of expertise and resources that can be used to conduct high-quality testing. They may have specialized equipment and trained personnel that are not available in-house at the company.
- Objectivity: Using a third-party laboratory for comparative testing can provide an additional level of objectivity, as the laboratory is not directly involved in developing or marketing the tested products. This can help ensure that the testing results are unbiased and can be trusted.
- Convenience: Outsourcing comparative testing to a laboratory can be more convenient for the company, as it allows them to focus on their core competencies and leave the testing to the experts.
- Cost-effectiveness: Depending on the scale and complexity of the comparative testing being conducted, it may be more cost-effective for the company to outsource the testing to a laboratory rather than doing it in-house.
Outsourcing comparative testing to a laboratory can give a company access to expertise, resources, and objectivity. It can be a convenient and cost-effective way to ensure the quality and safety of their products.