Environmental Indicators Testing
To get a quote please complete the form through the button below. A member of our expert team will be in contact with you. Alternatively you can choose to chat to us directly by calling 066 9763588. Our expert customer care team are always happy to help.
What Is Environmental Indicators Testing?
Environmental indicator testing is an essential tool for identifying the presence of harmful pathogens and hygiene indicator organisms in food preparation and handling environments. The testing involves analyzing environmental samples such as surfaces, hand swabs, and other samples to detect the presence of micro-organisms commonly associated with faecal contamination.
These micro-organisms, known as indicator micro-organisms, indicate the presence of other pathogenic micro-organisms that may be present in the environment but are more challenging to detect.
Why Perform Environmental Indicators Testing?
One of the primary uses of environmental indicator testing is to assess the level of sanitation in food preparation and handling areas. Indicator micro-organisms such as total coliforms, E. coli, and faecal streptococci can provide information about the potential presence of other harmful micro-organisms and the overall level of sanitation in a food preparation area.
High-indicator micro-organisms can indicate poor sanitation practices and an increased risk of foodborne illness. Another important use of environmental indicator testing is identifying the source of food contamination. By analyzing different surfaces and swab samples, it is possible to determine where contamination may occur in the food preparation process.
This information can be used to identify and address specific sanitation issues to improve overall food safety.
Who Is Environmental Indicators Testing Recommended For?
Environmental indicator testing is recommended for a variety of organizations and individuals, including:
- Food Manufacturers: Environmental indicator testing can help manufacturers identify potential contamination sources in their food preparation and handling environments.
- Government Agencies: Government agencies such as the FSAI and HACCP use environmental indicator analysis to monitor compliance with regulations and ensure the safety and quality of food products.
- Food Service Providers: Restaurants, caterers, and other food service providers use environmental indicator analysis to ensure the safety and quality of the food they serve to customers by identifying any potential sources of contamination in their food preparation and handling environments.
What’s The Process For Environmental Indicators Testing?
We Can Do It For You In 3 Easy Steps – Simple. Clear. Accurate:
- Simple – order the test you need, and we will post your testing kit
- Clear – follow the instructions, collect the sample and post it back to us the same day for next-day delivery
- Accurate – easy-to-understand results will be sent to you by email
What’s Included In This Test?
We provide environmental monitoring tests for pathogens and hygiene indicator organisms, identifying the level of sanitation and source of food contamination for surfaces and hand swabs.
The following is a list of some of the parameters our experts can test for at our ISO 17025-accredited facility:
- Total Bacterial Count
- Listeria monocytogenes
- Coagulase positive staphylococcus