To get a quote please complete the form through the button below. A member of our expert team will be in contact with you. Alternatively you can choose to chat to us directly by calling 066 9763588. Our expert customer care team are always happy to help.
What Is Seawater Testing?
Seawater testing analyses seawater samples to determine the presence and concentration of various chemical, physical, and biological parameters. Seawater testing aims to understand the quality and health of the ocean and coastal environments and to identify any potential hazards to human health or the environment. In addition, the results of seawater testing are used to inform decisions about coastal management, water treatment, and other environmental policies.
Why Perform Seawater Testing?
Seawater testing is performed to understand the quality and health of the ocean and coastal environments and to identify any potential hazards to human health or the environment. Some reasons for performing seawater analysis include the following:
- Monitoring ocean health: Seawater analysis helps to identify changes in the ocean environment that could indicate a decline in the health of marine ecosystems. This can include changes in water temperature, nutrient levels, and pollutants.
- Identifying sources of pollution: Seawater analysis can identify the presence of pollutants such as oil, pesticides, and plastic debris, which can help to identify the sources of pollution and inform decisions about how to manage and reduce pollution.
- Assessing the impact of human activities: Seawater testing can help to determine the impact of human activities on the ocean and coastal environments, such as the effects of coastal development, fishing, and shipping on water quality and marine life.
- Supporting coastal management: Seawater testing can help to inform decisions about coastal management, such as decisions about water treatment, beach closures, and coastal development.
- Assessing the impact of climate change: Seawater testing can help assess the effects of climate change on the ocean and coastal environments, such as water temperature and sea level changes.
- Compliance with regulations: Seawater testing is often required by law to ensure that ocean and coastal environments meet established safety standards and regulations.
We are dedicated to providing you with the information you need to protect the ocean and coastal environments, and that’s why we offer comprehensive seawater testing services from our state-of-the-art testing facilities.
Who Is Seawater Testing Recommended For?
Seawater testing is recommended for a variety of organisations and individuals, including:
- Government Agencies: Government agencies such as the EPA and SFPA use seawater analysis to monitor the health of the ocean and coastal environments and enforce water quality regulations.
- Environmental Groups: Environmental groups use seawater analysis to monitor the ocean and coastal environments’ health and identify pollution sources.
- Coastal Communities: Coastal communities use seawater analysis to understand the water quality in their local area and identify potential hazards to human health or the environment.
- Shipping and Fishing Industries: Shipping and fishing industries use seawater analysis to assess the impact of their activities on the ocean and coastal environments and to comply with regulations.
- Researchers: Researchers use seawater analysis to study the ocean and coastal environments and to understand the impacts of climate change and other human activities on these environments.
- Public Health Officials: Public health officials use seawater analysis to monitor the water quality at beaches and other recreational areas to ensure the water is safe for swimming and other activities.
What’s The Process For Seawater Testing?
We Can Do It For You In 3 Easy Steps – Simple. Clear. Accurate:
- Simple – order the test you need, and we will post your testing kit
- Clear – follow the instructions, collect the sample and post it back to us the same day for next-day delivery
- Accurate – easy-to-understand results will be sent to you by email
What’s Included In This Test?
This test is designed to detect the presence of micro-organisms such as bacteria, viruses, and phytoplankton in seawater.
The following is a list of some of the parameters our experts can test for at our ISO 17025-accredited facility:
- Faecal coliforms